Renew Driving License Online: Acquiring a driving license (DL) in Karnataka isn’t extreme as long as you know about the method to be followed.
The driving license is significant in the event that you intend to drive a vehicle on the open streets of the celebrated South Indian state.
In this post, we give you a guide on the best way to get a driving license in Karnataka. We will tell you how to renew the driving license in Karnataka.
Types of Driving License (DL) in Karnataka (KA):
As in the rest of the nation, even In Karnataka, you need to apply for a sort of driving license dependent on the sort of vehicle you wish to use.
- Driving license for a motorcycle without gear: If you have to ride a motorcycle or a scooter without manual gear, you should apply for this kind of DL.
- Driving license for light motor vehicles: If you plan to ride a two-wheeler with gears or a light motor vehicle such as cars, SUVs, or MPVs, you need to obtain this DL.
- Driving license issued for transport vehicles: In case you plan to drive heavy motor vehicles that transport goods or passengers, you need to obtain this DL.
Karnataka (KA) Driving License (DL) – Eligibility Criteria:
A candidate for a driving license needs to meet the below conditions-
- The candidate has to be at least 18 years old
- The candidate should have a learner’s license
- The candidate needs to apply for a permanent DL only after 30 days or within 180 days of getting a learner’s license.
- The candidate should know all the traffic rules and regulations.
- The candidate should be at least 20 years old if applying for a commercial driving license.
Required Documents for Driving License in Karnataka:
Following documents need to be submitted to the RTO –
- One of the below for the Age proof –
- Birth Certificate
- Educational certificate
- Certificate issued from the employer if you are working for a state/ central government or a local body.
- One of the below for Address Proof –
- Ration card
- Voter’s ID
- LIC policy bond
- Employers certificate issued by local/central or state government
- Application form 4
- Application form 5 in case of applying for a commercial driving license
- Original learner’s license
- Three passport size photographs
How to Apply for Driving License Offline in Karnataka (KA)?
If applying offline, you need to go through the below process-
Step 1: Visit the RTO and collect an application form
Step 2: The same form can be even downloaded from the official website and the printed copy can be submitted at the nearest RTO.
Step 3: Fill in the following details:
- Full Name
- Father’s Name
- Residential Address
- Educational Qualification
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Blood Group
- Identification Mark
Step 4: Submit address proof, age proof, and passport-size photos.
Step 5: You will get an appointment for the test.
Step 6: Your knowledge of traffic rules will be tested.
Step 7: On passing the test, a learner’s license will be issued
How to Apply for Driving License Online in Karnataka (KA)?
In order to obtain a permanent driving license online in Karnataka, the following steps need to be followed-
Step1: Go to transport.karnataka.gov.in and download the application form and print it
Step 2: Submit the filled form at the RTO nearest to your residence
Step 3: Submit all the above-mentioned documents
Step 4: You will get a slot for the driving test
Step 5: On passing the test, you will obtain your license in 2 to 3 weeks
Steps to Check Driving License Application Status Online:
1.Steps to check driving license status online through the State Transport Department website:-
You can check the status of driving license application online by either checking the status on the State Transport’s official website or on the official website of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highway. The same can be done through the following steps-
Step 1: Visit the official website of the Transport Department of Karnataka
Step 2: Click on the ‘DL and LL registration’ option.
Step 3: A new page will load, in which, click on ‘Know your application statuses.
Step 4: Enter your application number
Step 5: Click on the ‘Submit’ button and you will be shown the status of your application.
2.Steps to check driving license status online through the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways official website:-
Step 1: Visit parivahan.gov.in.
Step 2: Click on ‘Driving license-related services’.
Step 3: Select the state you reside in.
Step 4: On the new page that loads, click on the ‘Verify status’ option
Step 5: Enter your application number and date of birth.
Step 6: Fill in the correct captcha code.
Step 7: You will be shown the status of your driving license.
How to Apply for a Duplicate Driving License in Karnataka?
If applying for a duplicate driving license in Karnataka, the following documents are needed to be submitted at the RTO-
- Application form LLD
- FIR copy will be required if the DL is stolen
- Challan clearance report was given by the traffic police in case of commercial driving license
- Form 1
- Copy of Age and address proof documents.
- Copy of Original license
- License number if the license is stolen
- The photocopied documents are required to be attested by a gazetted officer or notary public.
Steps to apply for a Duplicate Driving License in Karnataka:
Once you have submitted the above documents, you can apply for a duplicate driving license in Karnataka through the following steps.
Step 1: Submit the completed form LLD at the RTO.
Step 2: Submit a fee of Rs. 200
Step 3: On successful verification, a duplicate driving license will be given
In the event that you don’t recall your license number, you should apply for another driving license. Additionally, one is needed to apply for a copy driving license within 30 days of loss of the first duplicate.
How to Renew Driving License in Karnataka?
The DL for a Non-Transport Vehicle is legitimate for a very long time or until the holder achieves the age of 50 years, whichever is prior. From that point onward, the License is restored like clockwork. Transport Vehicle License is substantial for a time of a long time from the date of issue or restoration.
- Filled application form 9
- A copy of the expired driver’s license.
- Medical certificate and Form 1 A if the driver’s age is more than 40 years
- 2 passport size photographs.
- Self-attested copies of age proof and address proof.
- Application fee of Rs.200/- and receipt.
Q: Is it compulsory to get a Smart Card DL?
A: No, it’s not mandatory to have a smart card DL but it’s better to have one than a paper version. Most states in India provide DLs only in the smart card format now.
Q: What is the eligibility criteria for getting an IDP?
A: You should have a permanent driving license for getting an international driving license.
Q: What documents should you submit at the time of the IDP application?
A: Following documents are required to be submitted to obtain an IDP- Visa Copy, Passport Copy, Ticket Copy, Original as well as a copy of your Driving License, medical certificate, application form, nationality proof, and 3 passport-size photographs.
Q: How much are the fees for the IDP application?
A: You have to pay a fee of Rs 500 to get an International Driving License. It comes with 1-year validity.
Q: How much time does it take to receive the IDP?
A: If you request for an IDP on an urgent basis, you’ll get it within 7 working days. Else, it takes up to 3 weeks.